Entry Level Landscape Architect
OvS is seeking a qualified, entry-level candidate to join its Capitol Hill office in Washington, DC. The firm’s widely diversified mix of clients includes public agencies, institutions, businesses, and residences.
- Prepare drawing sets and presentation packages;
- Conduct research and prepare construction details;
- Carry out technical and administrative assignments: tabulations, cost estimates, etc;
- Participate in project and team meetings;
- Carry out special projects and assignments.
- BLA or MLA from a four-year college or university.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer-aided drawing programs required. Experience with Land F/X and Revit is preferred;
- Demonstrated proficiency in presentation graphics programs, such as Sketch-Up and the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop);
- Demonstrated proficiency in conceptual design;
- Proficiency in hand-drawing and rendering;
- Demonstrated knowledge of planting design;
- Excellent written and graphic communication skills;
- Ability to follow direction and work in a team environment;
- Proficiency in reading, analyzing, and interpreting professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations;
- Prior completion of an internship at a design firm is a plus;
- Involvement in professional organizations is a plus.
Send resume, references, and portfolio examples as a PDF attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include Entry Level Landscape Architect in the subject line. No phone calls, please.